Thinking of a family trip to Barcelona this year?
Barcelona is a wonderful place to discover with kids—the whole family can have an unforgettable vacation here!
Check out my list of top kid-friendly activities in Barcelona (and a few insider tips to take the stress out of family vacations).
Mediterranean boat trip
Barcelona and the sea are like peanut butter and jelly—they just go together. Get a gorgeous view of the city from the sea on a boat trip. Your 60-minute Mediterranean tour includes the best of Barcelona’s coast.
The main hall of Barcelona’s aquarium has an 80-meter glass wall—it’s like being underwater with all the sea creatures swimming around you. Younger kids love ‘Explora!’, an interactive space where they can discover the marine world.
Sagrada Família and Park Güell
Even kids appreciate Gaudí’s spectacular architecture. Visit the Sagrada Família in the afternoon and try to find all different animals hidden in the Nativity Façade. Park Güell is a magic world in the eyes of a child, so spend some time wandering this stunning park and thinking of fairy tales together.
Check out our blog post for more great family-friendly activities in Barcelona.
Now for our top tips to make Barcelona with kids a stress-free success:
- Plan a manageable itinerary, minimizing travel time.
- Involve your kids in planning your activities—give them a few options to choose from.
- Help them learn a few Spanish words and phrases, Spaniards love to see kids learning to speak their language.
- Book tours and activities in advance, so you don’t have to stand in line for hours waiting to get into a popular attraction.
- Don’t overplan—not every hour of the day has to be filled. Leave time to play in the sea, relax in a park, or have an impromptu picnic.
Now is the perfect time to start planning your family vacation to Spain this year. Get in touch and we’ll get the planning process started.
I hope to see you soon in Barcelona,